Thursday, September 1, 2011

9 years

R and I celebrated our 9-year anniversary this year. To be honest, we barely made it there alive. The previous 2 months were some of the hardest we have encountered--for several reasons.....

At the end of April, we were thrilled to find that we would be blessed with an addition to our family. This little sweetie was a long time in coming, and we were so happy. Unfortunately, that meant that I would not be feeling so hot for the next few months....

Also around that time, R started the 3 semester of his (2nd) Masters. It was the worst one yet. One of the classes was crammed into 8 weeks, instead of 16, and it was brutal. Work also seemed to be extra-demanding at this time.

Also around this time, our ward boundaries got realigned, and R was called as the EQP. Being an EQP is tough enough as it is, but I believe extra-daunting and time-consuming in a brand-new ward.

So, needless to say, our anniversary was a big milestone, but not necessarily innately. His classes ended then, I started feeling better, and school was over for Mr. B. No more meeting the bus....

We celebrated with a redbox movie and Chinese takeout--both of those more a luxury to us at that time than you would ever know.

The boys wanted a picture with me in my princess dress. I think they were just amazed to see me looking somewhat alive.... :) And it still fit, but just barely at 12 weeks....


Phew. We made it.

5 comments:

  1. I *love* that you wore your wedding dress to celebrate...how cute. You needed to have Ryan at least put on a suit or white shirt and tie ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 Years! Sounds like it was a super crazy time! And I'm so happy for you that you are having a sweet little girl now (not that boys aren't fun too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 9 years. You do look like a princess...the best kind. Your boys are so cute, I can't wait to meet the new addition when she comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put on the dress. So glad you documented the time. Sounds awful, glad you are coming out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9 years later, 12 weeks pregnant, and you fit into your wedding dress - incredible- and serious bragging rights. Congratulations on 9 years. You and Ryan are amazing people and awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete