Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow, snow, snow....

After praying for it all through the month of December, we finally got our big storm. I love snow, and was so excited! It was pretty windy while it was coming down, but after it calmed, we went out to play.
Snowman-in-training

The boys knocked the arms off before we got a picture....

It was fun to build them a little sled run. Yup, you wish you were my kid, don't you?
And, hitching up dad again for a ride.
Little did we know what was to come. January was a snowy, snowy month. Adding up from weather totals, between the 26th of December and the 2nd of February, our town reported approximately 66.7 inches of snow. It shocks me just to see that number, even though I've been looking at the piles of it every day.

We went out after the storm on the 2nd of February to play, and it was so deep that I couldn't walk. The boys, being **cough** a little bit lighter, didn't sink in so far as I did, but it was still tough going. It was crazy. Up to my waist and more. I had to crawl around on hands and knees, using the sled to disperse the weight! Needless to say, we didn't stay out long. There was too much to play! And so powdery that you couldn't pack it, either. It's been like driving on a luge course lately. No visibility past the mounds on either side of the road--you took your life in your hands every time you made a turn. And the already-narrow streets are barely passable by one car, let alone 2! I still think it's beautiful every time, but I will confess I stopped praying for it around mid-January.

Leave it to New England weather--there is no such thing as "normal."

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Snow is fun, but I was so ready to see it leave. I am glad we live in a warm place!!

    ReplyDelete