Thursday, March 24, 2011

Funnies

The boys have had some funny moments the last little while. The humor may be lost in the translation, but I wanted to write them down.

Mr. was badly in need of new jeans (we have been experiencing flooding around here, but that was no excuse for his pants!). I finally got a chance to take him shopping. He, of course, wanted to buy all of them--including the ones that were inches too big around! We finally found one pair that was just right, and brought them home. The second time he put them on, he complained that they were too loose. I tried to explain that really they were just NOT too tight like his other pairs. As he climbed up the steps onto the bus, I noticed that his pants looked a little short. Confusion was quickly dispelled as I returned home to find his new jeans stuffed under his bed. Under the alibi of going upstairs to get his socks, the little stinker switched his pants!

After vacuuming one day, D-man said to me, "It's a good thing you didn't vacuum me up. If you vacuumed me up, then you would only have one son." This from the boy who one year ago had an expressive vocabulary of about 10 words, 5 of which were variations on "Mnh!"

After passing a police car one day on the way to soccer, D-man said to us:
"I was just thinking...that when the policeman throw the ball at my yegs, then it won't hurt, because I have shin guards!"

In Sunbeam class on Sunday, D-man learned about the life cycle of a butterfly. He now loves to tell everyone what a "poopa" is. :)

We were reading the scriptures and trying to explain to the boys what "zealous" meant. "With a lot of energy, being excited about something...." D-man piped up--"I have yots of energy!"

We were explaining to Mr. B that fatigue was another word for tired. He immediately turned to me and said, "Mom, you are fatigue."

And on that note, I bid you good night. ;)

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! You are fatigue!! LOL! Too funny! Did you know that you were fatigue? Next time I'm tired I'll blame you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love to hear things like this. I hope we get to see you sometime this month!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad i was there for the 'zealous' story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was fun to read--and funny!! Benjamin's playing basketball?

    ReplyDelete