R and I turned the big 3-0 this year. Not really feeling like it, but hey.
R needed some new clothes for his birthday, so we had a little shopping-date one night (thus no traditional presents-on-the-couch picture). But here is his cake (sadly, a recycled version of B's football cake. Seriously, you can only eat so much cake in 4 days!):

I, of course, was spoiled more than I deserved, and got my OWN big cake. :)

I also got more than I deserved in the form of a Serger. What a surprise! It has already been put to good use, and frustration with threading it has been kept to a reasonable level. :)

It's always a crazy week in our family with 3 birthdays in 4 days, and poor D-man has a hard time understanding why his birthday isn't a day or two later. But we have a good time together!
That is a lot of birthdays in a short time period! Wow! Lots of fun to eat cake so many days though. :)
ReplyDeleteCool! A serger! Congratulations. I've threaded one of those before too and they are beasts. You sure do have a lot of fun celebrations in January to break up that long, cold month. Happy late birthday! We're hoping to get up there soon now that our colds seem to have subsided a bit.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday. Amazingly we have managed to keep most of our birthdays separated, except the parents of course. I was hoping that each kid would feel they have their own special time, but you can't always plan these things. :) I like your snowman picture too.
ReplyDeleteawesome you got a serger!! That's one thing I'm really missing. I gave mine to my mom when I moved. Maybe someday I'll get a Brit one.
ReplyDelete