Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Drive Trip Phase 7

Our final stop was Palmyra, NY, where Joseph Smith had the First Vision in The Sacred Grove. I had been here once before, but neither R nor the boys had. I was excited to share it with them.


Upstairs in the (replica of the) home where the Smith family lived when the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph.

Outside of the Smith Home.

View of the Palmyra, NY temple.



Our family in the Sacred Grove.
When you are in this special place, there is no denying that something amazing happened there. Even the boys could sense it, and were very respectful and reverent. We had a very peaceful walk together, talking about the events that happened there, and how grateful we are for the Prophet Joseph Smith and his courage and testimony.

I love that they have the background here painted like the Sacred Grove.

Mr. B was really excited about this big Book of Mormon sculpture. :)

Inside the Peter Whitmer Home, where the Church was officially organized in 1830. I loved being here, and we had a fun "small world" moment, when a family from Sweden joined our tour. R served his mission there 10 years ago, and had known the man's family in one area that he served. I love things like this!

It feels a bit awkward to try to describe our day in these special places--words can't really describe it well, and I prefer better to keep it a memory in my heart. It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment