Saturday, November 20, 2010

Drive Trip Phase 6

Niagara Falls!

We had a wonderful (full) day at Niagara Falls. It really is stunning (although I think Snoqualmie Falls in Spring or flood is still quite spectacular!!).

We took a boat-ride on The Maid of the Mist
(although I think "mist" is putting it lightly! :) )

and the "big kids" hiked down to "Cave of the Winds."
Before:

After (The picture doesn't show too well, but we were soaked!):


You really have to brace yourself to be under even the smallest part of this waterfall--it is amazing! It was so strong that it ripped holes in the ponchos:


And check out these AWESOME sandals that you get with your tourist fee--

Then we convinced Grandma and Grandpa to go down. We didn't expect a show, but we got one: Grandma doing "Singing in the Rain." Still a highlight of the trip! :)


It was so, so beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. great photos! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we didn't do either the boat or the hike down behind the falls when we went. I'm sad we didn't!

    ReplyDelete