Due to the beautiful summer, apple season came a few weeks early (hurray!). We had been waiting a whole year to be able to get some more Ginger Gold apples--our favorite. They didn't disappoint. We also picked some Gravenstein, which are similar to the kind I had in my back yard growing up. We wish apples were fresh for the picking all year (I went back several times to get other varieties until the season was over).

We also spent some relaxing time at the pool. Mr. B really flexed his fins this summer and had a great time in the pool. (Post coming soon of all of his awesome dives and jumps.) D-man, since he is not yet potty-trained (argh!) and isn't allowed into our community pool, had to be content to sit on the side.... Hopefully next year!



After bumming it for a few hours, we headed to Rockport to find some fresh Lobstah. I did not sample, but I think those who had it appreciated the delicacy! (Yes, I am one of those people who go to a seafood place and order chicken or a burger. Don't judge me.)


We had a church activity at a small lake beach near our home. The boys had fun on the playground, and it was nice to have more adults than kids, to make supervision easier! :)


We had a great time during their visit--we wish we were closer to see them more often. :(
P.S.--Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for watching the boys and letting us escape for a night! And for giving me the afternoon off to slowly browse EVERY aisle at JoAnn's without interruption! :)
You and Melanie both with the chicken at a seafood place. Geez! :)
ReplyDelete