He has been so excited getting ready for his first day. We did a little clothes and shoe-shopping, got his backpack all ready, and did lots of talking about what school would be like. He woke up around 6 this morning, which was too early, but not bad for how excited he was.
Here he is, all ready to go.
He wanted to "keep" the silly picture, too.
Waiting in line with his class (the smiley-face class).
And, he's off.
I promise I only cried last night and after he walked away. He never looked back, although the girl behind him wasn't so excited. I don't know what's worse--the kid or the parent crying?
I refer you to this blog for some more of my feelings. She says it better than I could.
We've been anxiously awaiting this special day, and now that it's here, D-man and I find ourselves a bit shell-shocked, not knowing how to proceed without our energetic buddy to move us on to the next activity. At least we have him back for a few days before he heads back next Tuesday. They said something about a gradual adjustment period (I thought they meant for the kids, now I know who it's really for).
I hope I taught him everything he needed to know....
Isn't it funny how you wait for a day for two years (or more?) and then it comes and seems really strange? I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteHey! You make me feel so famous and stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteI hate school. So much.
The blog brought back lots of memories. I thought one time about counting up all of the times that I've had to say "good-bye" to my children and decided that it would be impossible. Still don't like it!! My philosophy evolved to "just close your eyes and put it in the basket." That refers to times when you have to buy something but don't want to spend the money, but also reflects the things we do because it's the best thing to do for the children-----even though we don't want to. Well, that's pretty heavy for a Monday morning. Huh? Love you and your blogs. Mimchops
ReplyDeleteWEIRD! How could B be old enough to be in school? That makes me so sad that your cute family isn't stuck in time until I can come and see you again! I can't imagine and can't wait for that day to arrive myself.
ReplyDelete