Saturday, October 2, 2010

Drive Trip: Phase 3

...And we're back! Who knew September would disappear like that?

Back to our trip!

One of the MAIN reasons I agreed to go on this trip (let's face it, I'm not an optimist, and I could only picture all of the things that would go wrong sightseeing with 2 boys in the car for 9 days!) was because we planned to stop and see my college room mate, Gina. I was so excited to see her again (I think it had been 3 years), and love that they just moved from Minnesota to Pennsylvania so that it was on our way!

So we left Gettysburg and drove about an hour north to Harrisburg. Arrived just in time for dinner (Yum!!) and FHE. The kids all had a great time together. Mr. B always seems to adopt other smaller kids.... There was lots of stair-jumping and running around and screaming joyfully (most of the time).
R and I particularly enjoyed staying up and talking with other adults AFTER the boys had gone to bed. We really wish we lived closer to this family (you know how hard it is to find a "couple-match" and "family-match"?!).

On Tuesday, we made a quick stop at the Hershey Factory in spite of the stifling heat.
(I love that their tour is like a Disneyworld ride!)

Mmmm, chocolate kisses!

Then we headed to a pool/splash park, which was a great hit for everyone, I think. Gina was a trooper to manage both of her kids with her husband at work.
Back home for dinner, and some more great chatting into the night. **Note: I saw fireflies for maybe the 2nd time in my life when I ran out to the car for my sweatshirt. SO COOL!

We were so sad to leave in the morning. I think the boys could sense that their freedom would be much more limited from that point on, and I not-so-secretly just wanted to stay there for the rest of the trip. ;) I know, I know, I'm a party-pooper. But, on our way we went.

Thanks, Gina, for filling your house to the brim for us. We had such a fun time, and you better let us return the favor SOON! (It's only 6.5 hours drive!) I promise I'll make you no-bake cookies if you come!

5 comments:

  1. That was so much fun, way too short (I would have kept you), and I swear we'll come to visit. And thank you for taking the pool picture so expertly :) Come back any time! Tristen is always wanting B to jump off stairs with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE catching up with old friends especially when all the adults click so well! SO NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the fun report. And nice to see Gina and her children again. Still remember the pizza night here when I got to hold Tristen on the front porch while you all ate, and we took pictures of the boys on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. road trips terrify me, but hershey, well, that might convince me. :) cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I like your background.

    As for the chops, I don't really mind them, much better than the beard he sported when Pearl was born.

    But he is going to be Wolverine for Halloween. Make sense now?

    ReplyDelete