I had a lovely Mother's Day. The past few have been spent half in tears, feeling guilty about not being a better mother and wishing it wasn't so hard for me. Poor R always makes the day special in spite of my mood, but this year I was better able to appreciate it. Have I mastered all of my weaknesses and come to love mothering 100%? Nope. But I do somehow feel in a better place with it all than I have in past years (and even recent months).
I had a lovely breakfast in bed, a few nice gifts, and we even left for church not too much in a rush. The primary children sang fabulously (I am the music leader, now; can't remember if I mentioned that) for their mothers, and the whole day was just happy and nice. I had a great nap (one of my favorite gifts!) and a yummy dinner and dessert.
Thank you to all of the women who have been examples to me and taken care of me throughout my life. R and I both were blessed with special women to raise us, and we are so grateful for each of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sweet. I didn't know you were the music person! I'm glad you are feeling like a great Mom, we all knew it, you just had to figure it out.
ReplyDelete