Friday, June 4, 2010

The D-man grows older

D-man has been so excited for his birthday to come! I think it is so hard for him to have the 3 others of us have ours all in a row in the fall and leave him out, so he loves to finally get the attention himself. On Mother's Day he wanted to open one of the gifts, but after being told that in a week he would get to open all of the presents by himself, he happily gave it up. :)

We brought him breakfast in bed (albeit cold-cereal-in-a-bag really shouldn't count, but we had an early appointment) and his first gift. This was probably the one I was most excited about, having found it back in February!! Celtics outfit (fitting for their game that day) and new shoes. Here he is:

He looked so cute all day it was too easy to spoil him. He and I got to have some 1-on-1 while Mr. B had an appointment, and it was really fun (at least for me). He received lots of fun gifts, but I took mostly videos of opening (too long to upload them all), so I only have a few still shots:

Golf Clubs from Mr. B

Beach toys

Bubble gun and velcro catch (you can see them on the floor by him)
And wooden blocks

He also got some Lego duplo blocks, a backpack, and some new clothes; I know he is spoiled. But who can resist those cheeks, pucker lips, and crooked smile? Not me, apparently.

I did my best with his cake, but must say that in the future, I will just go buy a ball-shaped pan (don't you think all new moms of baby boys should get one at their shower??) rather than do it myself. :) It looks a bit deflated on one side....

We sure love our D-man, and he ate up all the attention he could get. Happy Birthday little guy.

1 comment:

  1. Tristen said, and I quote, "WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! I wish I could have that cake!!!! Do we have the ingredients?" No, we do not. So creative!

    ReplyDelete