Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chop Chop

I have been a bit scissor-shy since my sad haircut experience last year, so aside from a trim when my sister was here in May, I have left my hair alone this year. I finally got up the gumption to go again--seriously, people, thin-fine hair like mine should not be allowed to be this long!--just before Christmas. It wasn't fabulously refreshing, but at least she started with a wide-tooth comb first this time, and finally believed me when I told her that it would be better if I had layers, and lots of them. Hair stylists with thick hair think that since I have so few hairs on my head, I should want to keep every last bit of each one. To hang there limply like it's plastered to my head?? No thanks. Give me layers, please, to create at least the illusion of volume, if not the real thing! I also got a few lowlight foils put in, to make myself feel better about my non-descript neither-blond-nor-brown color. The truth be known, if it wasn't so expensive here, or if above-mentioned sister lived closer, my color of choice would be that of my 2006 era--dark brown with subtle-but-awesome burgundy highlights. Sigh.

I digress.

Without further ado, and I know you've been on the edge of your seats, here I am as I write, in full glory and bathrobe. :) At least I'm real, people. What else do you want to put on after 5 hours in nylons and heels?
R took these the other night before I headed off to our Relief Society pajama party.


So, SSWoot and sister, I hope you're satisfied. Pictures of me--for you. Now be happy for another year because that's all you're gonna get. :)

8 comments:

  1. I think you look fabulous. I think it is about time for me to make a change in the hair department, but I figure I will wait just a while longer until it is falling out in handfuls after the baby. That is always a good time to go get a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Janelle! cute photos and cute haircut! I'm glad this time didn't turn out a disaster for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You look beautiful. I am glad it was a better experience for you this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, hey, good lookin'....seriously. Glad it was a good experience this time around. (My hair has not been done since your sister either.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute! Where did you end up getting it cut? I am always looking for places that people like! :) Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are all wanting your sister to come back! I've tried a few other places and after 4 years of living here I still can't find a stylist. Your hair looks fabulous. You always look great. I am so glad it was a good experience. I'd love to see the dark brown hair with subtle burgundy highlights. How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And those are way too cute to be pajamas ;)

    ReplyDelete