Saturday, January 3, 2009

Disappointment

Today I got my hair cut. I went with my friend who recommended this place "Lavish." Sounds great, right? The atmosphere was, but the rest, well, not so much.

When my friend was done 40 minutes later, she asked them why I was still waiting. You think I would have learned to ask sooner, after my wedding reception hair appointment. "Oh, they didn't tell me she was ready." Seriously, people, the room was not that big, and her booth was closest to the desk. After the fastest shampoo in history (usually my FAVORITE part of a hair cut), including shampoo in my eye and a scratched ear, she took me to the chair. My attempt at describing what I wanted was frail at best. Since I couldn't hear myself over the blow-dryer next to me, who knows what she heard.

Enter hairbrush.

Now, I haven't had long hair much in my life, and I don't have much anyway, but how hard is it to remember to start brushing from the bottom? Who starts at the top? OUCH! Little did I know she was only getting warmed up.

Enter comb.

What can I say. How many times do you get the hair wrapped in a knot all the way around the comb before you realize you're doing something wrong? Now, I understand she was running WAY behind, and these long-time customers with the mop-haired crying daughter were waiting, but give me a break. I almost, and I mean almost, said something. But sadly, I didn't. I have never had my head hurt like that. And I have 2 boys who think it's a game to pull my hair!

10 minutes later she was done (she
styled the lady before me for 30 minutes), after a negligible number of comments to me, and many more to the people on either side of me. She never even apologized for making me wait. My friend asked me if I needed cash for the tip, because they only accept the tip in cash. Hmmm...let me think. NOPE.

I was so disappointed, because even though the cut is okay, I missed out on what is becoming a RARE opportunity to be pampered and have my hair fixed.

Sad, sad, day.

Kathryn, where are you when I need you?

6 comments:

  1. Janelle! I'm so sorry about your crappy hair experience! It looks great though! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does not sound fun at all. What a disappointment. Your hair looks good though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate a bad hair cut/experience. I have been attempting to find a closer hair lady and everytime I try it fails. I love your long hair and the blondness, it was dark when you lived by us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rip off! It looks good if that makes you feel any better. Let me watch the boys while you get another one or a pedicure or something. You really should let me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real question that you need to answer is "how much?" I go to Sports Clips and for $25.00 bucks (that includes a $5.00 tip) I get a haircut, shampoo with a scalp massage, hot towel wrap on my face with a facial massage and a neck massage - all why watching ESPN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe how long your hair is... AFTER a cut! I'm so proud of you :)

    and I'm sorry people are dumb and rude

    ReplyDelete