Sunday is sometimes a hard day to celebrate your birthday. In this case, I'm afraid R didn't have the greatest one ever. Fast Sunday (so no breakfast-in-bed), teaching the Elder's Quorum lesson at church, staying after for choir; all of this left little time for birthday extravaganzing. I did my best to make it special (surprise friends for dinner, roast and potatoes and carrots the way he likes them, experimental new dessert (brownie-ice cream-layered delight), and a few surprise presents), but I did NOT manage to take a single picture of him on his birthday. So pathetic, I know. I guess when you're trying to coordinate everything, the camera just isn't on your mind.
So, here are a few of my favorites of him, just for fun.





R always does a much better job making my birthday special, even though every year I swear I'm going to pick another day to celebrate it (after 2 in a row, one day is not enough of a break before mine rolls around). He took the day off of work (something I've always not-so-secretly wished he would do), which was wonderful in itself. Had breakfast in bed, met my brother and sister for lunch in Cambridge, and did a little shopping on the way home. Had a lovely evening at home together, enjoying lots of presents, apple cake and "Easter Parade."
Thanks for a wonderful day, honey.
Love the one of him and B. Really he was a toddler once? I can't believe it!
ReplyDelete