He chose a sports theme, which was great with us. I am all about ignoring the fact that his birthday is ON Halloween. I'll never get over the fact that of all the days to come into the world when you're 3 weeks early, why did it have to be that one? :)
I had fun making the invitations (not the finished version, but I forgot later) :
and the favors (go here for instructions on how to make your own; you don't need the piping, they look fine without)
(I know, I know, do you really need 2 pictures of them? A little proud, I admit, but they turned out SO cute!)
--thankfully I get motivation in bundles when fall rolls around. If his birthday were any other time of year, I doubt it would be such fun.
We had friends o'plenty and I think everyone had a great time. Hooray for the blessing of a beautiful day! Thanks, Aunt M for all the help in preparing, and Aunt L for all the photos:
Mr. B was so amazed at the great presents he received. Such nice friends and perfect gifts. It has been wonderful for him to have some things to play with that are his developmental age. We haven't done well keeping up with that.
Our main present to him later in the day was a bicycle (to him, "Bike" means tricycle, and "Bicycle" is 2-wheels). Lightning McQueen all the way, with matching helmet and pads. He is so excited.
"Speed, I am Speed."
P.S. Just to drive home the fact that we go all-out for our own selfish pride, I was feeling so great that we managed to have coordinating decorations, plates, etc. But a week after his party, Mr. B pointed to the sign on the wall and asked, "What do those words say?" Guess the "Happy Birthday" doesn't go without saying. :)
Happy Birthday, Mr. B. We're glad it was "the funnest day ever."
Ok. Yeah, of course we loved the balls. But the candles? AND the birthday sign? And the bike. Too much smiling!!! We'll have to come and hear all about it from the source.
ReplyDeleteyou should be proud, such creativity! and you can never have too many pics. though you can tell taht by looking at my ridiculous blog. ;)
ReplyDeleteare those basketballs pillows? awesome! you have such amazing creativity-jealous! but, found out my ward has a sewing club-so excited!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday! Your activities looked like fun for the kids. I like how far you took the sports theme.
ReplyDeleteI like the 5 year and 10 year birthdays instead of one each year.