Saturday, October 3, 2009

Apples

Last night, we ate the last of our apples from apple-picking, and I realized I never posted about it. So,

On Labor Day, we went apple picking at Parlee Farms in Tyngsboro, MA. We had a delightful day with great weather and no crowds. :)

We picked 20 pounds of apples, hoping that we would be able to use them all because it was a better price per pound for the bigger bag. I'm happy to say the last apple was as good as the first, and we didn't waste one. We've had applesauce, apple cake, apple crisp, and lots and lots of yummy fresh apples for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks. I'm hoping to go get some more now that we're out because they lasted so well.

Here are some pictures.














2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you 3 on the hay! We went apple picking too, but didn't get such a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, can you share some of those apple recipes? i'd love to know how you made applesauce and apple cake...

    ReplyDelete