Tuesday, August 4, 2009

St. George

A few days after the wedding, all of the Holts (even the bride and groom joined us for some of it!) headed down to St. George, UT, for a reunion. Back in May, I thought we were crazy to plan to go there in the middle of July, but it was fabulous. Since Massachusetts hasn't really had summer (at least not before we left), the sun and heat were welcomed with open arms. We spent hours at the pools, played games with cousins, and did a little hiking. It was fun for the boys to play with their cousins and good for us to be with family. It was a good mix of planned and down time, and we progressed from pasty white skin to just white. :) We had great BBQs and watched the fireworks on the 4th next to the St. George temple.

I did not take enough pictures there, but here are a few.

At the St. George Temple.








R and the boys swimming. I have to say that it was so nice to not be COLD when I got in or out!







Mr. B swimming "all by himself." He was so proud (as were we) of his progress from "terrified of floating no matter who or what is supporting him" to "dog-paddle with life-vest." Thanks to aunts and uncles for helping with that!










No comments:

Post a Comment