After the reunion, we stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Holt's for a few days before the next reunion! R really wanted to take the boys to
Lagoon, and it was Stake Lagoon Day (aka discounted price day) while we were there. I am so glad I didn't talk him out of it (I am a "path-of-least-resistance" kind of mom, and often opt to stay home rather than put forth the effort to go do big outings. The boys (and we, I will emphatically admit) had a great time.

Mr. B and uncle Jordan on the OdySea together. Jordan was a trooper while we did quite a few kiddy rides, and then he made me go on all the ones that terrified me (but ended up being so fun).

Mr. B and D-man on the cars. This is one of my favorite rides for kids, and they loved it.

D-man was shaking his head "no" the entire time on this ride. I think he had had enough for a bit.

We took a break to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa, who brought us yummy dinner, so Mr. B and I took the skyride from one end of the park to the other. It used to be one of my favorites, but made me nervous with a skinny small kid on a slippery seat and only that bar in the way of him and the huge drop!

R and Jordan on a ride with the boys. I do NOT do spinning rides, but they seemed to have fun.

Grandma took the boys on the merry-go-round (and many other rides while we went on the big rides with Jordan).
I have to say my favorite was "Wicked" and "Rocket re-entry" a close second. I probably enjoyed them most because I was so apprehensive to get on them in the first place.
I leave you with a major conquering of fears: Mr. B on the bumper cars. Some of you will remember 2 years ago when we went, this was the first ride we put him on. Advice to parents--do not choose this one first. He sat there screaming and spinning around backwards while other kids ran into him. BAD BAD BAD. At the end of the night this time, he said he wanted to try it, so we were so proud when he was brave and had a good time. It's a little long, but it's better at the end when he stops spinning.
Jinx! That's funny -- we were there on the 21st. Too bad we missed you! I also thought Lagoon was way more fun than I expected . . . and I was glad to not be pregnant because I got talked into going on almost all the rides, including Wicked which was my favorite! The boys loved it too. Glad you had a good time. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. I never realized how unsafe the ferris wheel was until I got on with my little kids who could easier slide out the bottom. I held on to them for dear life and was a nervous wreck the whole time. I think they enjoyed it though.
ReplyDelete