R called Saturday morning to say that he and the boys had been in an accident right outside our complex. A woman had been "putting her visor down" and hadn't noticed the long-red light, going right through it into our car as it was turning left. Somehow, the at-fault person never has much damage to their car, but this is what happened to ours.

Needless to say, it was totaled. But it was a miracle that none of my boys were injured--and I very much understand that they were protected. It was so hard for me to be away and know that they were going through this without me to comfort them. I am so grateful to good friends who took care of them for me, and who have helped us out this week as we have needed it.
Mr. B has taken great pride in telling the story of "our accident" to any willing listener, greatly expounding with sound effects and a large vocabulary. He has designed many accessories for his Lego cars to prevent future crashes. "If a car is going to Zoom you, this comes out and sticks on to the other car, and lifts it up." Last night he made sure to remind R that you aren't supposed to run into other people's cars, and let us know whenever someone was in range.
We had been in early stages of planning to buy a newer car (intending to have 2 and allow R to go to his early-morning-Sunday-meetings unhindered), and that situation has been greatly accelerated this week. We feel so blessed to have already found one that we think will work well for our family and our situation. We really feel that this car was where it was, when it was, for the price it was, just for us. Mr. B is excited to have a new van, just like his friends, but was bitterly disappointed that the one we like isn't blue.
On a side note, I was able to "enjoy" the weekend with my family. It was very calming to go through the funeral and think of all of the good things my grandma did in her life. Everyone's flights were successful, some even early, and we had the blessing of beautiful weather all weekend.
Oh! I am so glad that everyone is okay. That was probably a really scary moment for you when you heard the news.
ReplyDeleteThat is an incredible story - thanks for sharing! I love how Benjamin is handling it!
ReplyDeleteQuite the eventful few weeks I'd say, isn't it weird how when it rains it kinda pours but then it all works out?!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that everyone is doing alright. That is a scary thing for the kids to have to go through.
ReplyDeleteI feel like such an idiot. I just barely found out about the accident. I am soooo glad that nobody was hurt. It truly makes you realize how much we can be protected by our Heavenly Father. I just finished talking to to R probably right before it happened.
ReplyDeleteYeah for the new car! You won't regret it....it's AWESOME!!!!!!