Grandma came to live with us when I was in high school. It was fun to have her there for volleyball games and choir concerts and birthdays (we loved the 3 crisp dollar bills she would give us). While I was at college she gradually lost some independence, but still was grandma. One summer I helped care for her while my parents were gone, and it was fun to talk with her over dinner and get to know her better. When my parents moved to Utah and we moved into their basement apartment, we got to see a lot of grandma. It was fun to see her interact with Mr. B and see him "play" with "mo-ma-ma." As he got bigger and more energetic, I think he made her nervous, but he would take her hand and pull her along with him, and steal her "grabber" from her room (the long-handled things with the pincers at the end to grab things out of reach up high or on the ground). I cared for her a few times while my parents were out of town, and should have been more patient with her, but did enjoy spending time with her and tried to do little things that made her smile.
I am glad to be able to travel to Utah for the funeral and see her laid to rest this weekend. It has been fun the last few days to recall memories of her that I have not thought of for a while. It is a peaceful time for me, to know where she is now and that she is happy and able to be free of her burdens. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of what happens when our lives here on earth end.
Here are a few pictures of her. I couldn't find the one that I love of Mr. B pulling her along. Maybe later.


Love you, Grandma.
I'm so sorry for your lose. I remember your Grandma and your parents were so great at taking care of her and being there for her in her last years. I'm sure she is glad to be with her sweetheart again.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's nice J-J. I love that photo at your wedding. She looks great.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. Write more things down as you remember them. It will help!
ReplyDeleteKevin and I are so sorry for your loss. It truly is such a comfort to know that there is life after this one. What a reunion with her husband. Wow, I didn't realize he'd been gone for that long. So sorry we couldn't visit when you were here.....maybe soon.
ReplyDeleteLove you all!!
I'm so sorry Janelle!
ReplyDelete