Saturday, June 30, 2012

Five!

Can't believe my buddy is 5 years old!  He has been anticipating his birthday forever!  Woke up the day after Christmas and asked "Is it my birthday today?"  5 months later, it finally came.  I have to admit I was quite excited for this one, too.  Really liked the gifts we found for him.  At 10am, he informed me that it was the best birthday ever.  Wow.  He really liked the baseball shirt and shorts he got to open at breakfast, I guess, because that's about all we had done.  :)  We had fun picking out the foods for his dinner--elbow pasta for homemade mac and cheese (you know, with the chips on top?), raspberry jello with oranges, green beans, tickle juice, and mushrooms.  Wait, mushrooms, I asked?  "You know, like when grandma was here?"  Okay.  (He proceeded to eat one with soy sauce, and apparently that fulfilled his birthday wish.)  He chose a soccer field cake, so I did my best (the figurines I ordered did the trick, I think).

Here are some pictures, since that is more fun than describing everything:

His best baseball pitching pose.


 "Saving for a SmartPhone...."

 Who loves AngryBirds?

 Happy!

Soccer cake.

He had his first "friend party" this year (love that we decided to do them every 5 years!!).  The theme?  Soccer.  Aunt Linda took pictures for us, so I'll add those when we get them from her.  :)

I can't believe how much D-man has grown in the last few months.  He is such a good brother to Emma--always asking if she had a good sleep, and making her smile and laugh so much!  He is so excited to go to school in the fall, and I can't imagine what it will be like when he is gone all day.  :( 

Happy Birthday, sweet buddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment