Well, it's been a while, I guess. We've been busy, but mostly with day-to-day things. :)
BabyGirl has captured our hearts, that's for sure. The boys still
fight over who is in her view, and she has been a good distraction for
Daddy from all of his homework (and on that note, we're 5 semesters down
and 1 to go!!!!!). It was a struggle getting her to go to sleep at
first, and my knees will attest to all of the bouncing it took. Finally
I gave up and put her in her bed and left her there. She cried less
than when I was holding her, and slept longer! So that huge stress for
me has disappeared. She doesn't always blissfully slip into
slumberland, and it's hard for me to listen to crying and not do
anything about it, but I know that she is happier doing it her own way.
:) 95% of the time she is awake she is smiling, and it is so
rewarding. And her cheeks are so cute, we love to kiss them!



Easter was a lovely weekend for us. The boys LOVE
hunting for eggs (filled or not!), and didn't get enough after 3 hunts,
so kept hiding them for each other for weeks afterward. In fact, I
found one in my flour bin the other day. I guess they were getting
pretty sneaky as they did it more and more. We had a fun day with
friends on Saturday, and a lovely brunch at my sister's on Sunday. It
was beautiful and sunny and springy and just so nice. And
BabyGirl got her first Easter Dress--but shopping for it wasn't fun at all. *cough, cough*
And just so you know I don't
play favorites, the boys got new shirts and ties. :) Can't believe
how grown-up they look, and so handsome!
Your children are darling! At what age did you start putting her down to let her fall asleep on her own...I'm struggling with a crier :)
ReplyDelete