So, on this particular day, after dropping R at work, we did a few "unplanned" things. Okay, really they were previously planned for another day, but it hadn't worked out. Does that count?
First stop was the Boston Temple. I needed something from the distribution center there, which turned out not to open until 10 (it was 9:15). So we walked around, took a few pictures, and made friends with the gardeners (so many people are friendly when your son wears a Celtics uniform!). Here are a few cuties:


Then we headed to the National Heritage Museum in Lexington for the Jim Henson exhibit. Yup, we saw Kermit the Frog, Bert and Ernie, and many furry friends. I really enjoyed seeing some of his illustrations. Having no drawing talent whatsoever, I'm always impressed by that. We also looked at a Sowing the Seeds of Liberty: Lexington and the American Revolution exhibit, where the boys thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many guns (imagine that). (I will note that in pulling up the links, I see that I missed a photo exhibit on the US National Parks, so perhaps we shall be spontaneous sometime soon and catch that! You couldn't take pictures inside, so here's the best we could do.
Mr. B has been making great progress with his swimming. He took a 2-week session in June for level 1, and one more session later on in level 2. He goes under water all the way (thanks to his daring class-mate showing him how), can float on his back and front, can do low- and hi-bobs(!!!), blows bubbles under water, and is getting better at his kicking! We are so proud of how much he has learned. This is the only picture I have, since parents and siblings are not allowed in the pool gate during lessons. D-man and I had some quality--albeit hot and humid at 4 in the afternoon--soccer/football/baseball/basketball time on the field by the pool!
Ciao for now!
How about a spontaneous trip to Phoenix? Or a spontaneous baby girl? :) I like b's new goggles.
ReplyDelete"arrrrrre the level twoooooooooooooos readdddddddddddddy?!!" :)(picture the curtis pool)
ReplyDeletenevvvvvvvver swim aloooooooooonnnne!
ReplyDelete