Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Florida Part III: The Weekend

On Saturday morning, R went to exchange the rental car (his work had one booked through Saturday, then we paid for a different one) while I packed up to check out. Took a quick dip in the pool with the boys and then we were off.

Don't you love that 4 hour window between checking out and checking in? What to do, what to do?

Downtown Disney, here we come! R really wanted to go to a movie, so we got tickets to "How to Train your Dragon 3D." Had some time to kill before it started, so we walked down to what I dubbed "LegoHeaven." The boys had a blast looking around, although I was severely disappointed that the freeplay area was "temporarily closed." Darnit. We were pushovers and bought the boys a small set each--helicopter for Mr. B and a duplo train for D-man. But, I guess there are worse things to spend your money on, and we had to have something for them to do on Sunday.

The movie was enjoyed by all in varying degrees. I have a hard time with 3D because of my eyes, but we sat back far enough that I survived, and it was a cute and creative story. D-man wouldn't put the glasses on, so I'm sure his viewing experience was less than par. R and Mr. B lived it up and had a good time, although I think it was a bit more intense than R expected. I kept giving him glares like "You really want OUR boys to be watching this??" OR "You are so getting up with them when the nightmares come tonight." But, we had a good time and successfully made it through the "non-scheduled hours." And I'm happy to report there were no nightmares. :)

We checked in to our new place--got a steal of a deal from HomeAway.com for the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (75% normal price!). You know how the pictures online are always better than the real thing? I was so nervous that I would arrive to find that I had been taken, but we were blessed--the real thing was BETTER than the pictures. 2 bedroom (isn't vacation 10x better when you don't all have to sleep in the same room??), 2 bathroom, full kitchen, laundry, and very nice. Huge sigh of relief on my part. We got a quick dinner, and put the boys to bed. R went to the grocery store (the perk of only putting one driver on the car, I didn't have to do any errands!) while I unpacked and got us settled.


View from our balcony

Living/Kitchen

Boys' Room


Our Room

Sunday we headed out to the church by the Orlando Temple. Unfortunately, the GPS didn't quite recognize the address (we found out later it isn't actually IN Orlando, but Windermere, and that 3001 N. Apopka Vineland Road is NOT the same as 3001 S. Apopka Vineland Road.) After quite a drive, complete with Primary lesson and sharing time in the car, we finally found it. However, we had missed the 11 am meeting. We stayed to the 1pm Spanish Branch and really enjoyed ourselves. It's so nice that you can feel the Spirit even when you can't understand all of what is being said. A side note, we met a missionary who was serving from Kent, WA, and he knew my cousin's family, so it was "A Small World, After All!"

After Sacrament Meeting, we went across the street to the Temple. It was gorgeous. The boys had a great time reverently sitting and looking at it--Ha, Ha. After sitting in the car so long, and Sacrament Meeting on top of that, we were happy to let them run freely around the grounds. It was quite windy, but lovely.


We headed home for lunch, legos, a nap, and this:
NOTE: The fuzzy spot has disappeared!! Hurray for R noticing it before tomorrow.

The boys were so excited to take a bath in the swimming pool. :) They weren't thrilled with the loud jets, but they had a great time with the bubbles.

Ho-ho bubbles means a beard like Santa Clause.

We had a very nice and mellow weekend.

Next stop, Disneyworld Magic Kingdom!

4 comments:

  1. Cute!! That's AWESOME about the place you stayed at! I'm going to check out that website! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good deal you got! I'm going to have to check it out too! And your pictures are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch with the GPS. The place looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! We took our boys to that movie too, and they LOVED it. (We skipped the 3D version, though.) Even Ethan who is still afraid of the grasshoppers in Bugs Life. He is now obsessed with dragons and asks me everyday when the movie will come out on DVD so that we can watch it at home.

    ReplyDelete