On Wednesday we went to Clearwater Beach (just west of Tampa on the Gulf side of Florida). It was gorgeous. I will mostly let the pictures speak for themselves. The boys had a great time with their Shamu buckets. Mr. B and R built some great structures, and I distracted D-man with finding shells so that he didn't destroy said structures.

Notice D-man's hand ready to strike....

And him studying how he will disembody the whale in one swipe....

Here is proof that I was there, too:


It was gorgeous and warm and the sand was soft, and you didn't have to get-there-at-5 am-to-pay-$25-to-park-so-that-you-felt-like-you-had-to-stay-all-day-even-though-you-were-freezing (ahh, Boston). They even had permanent beach umbrellas and little tents ("cabanas") that you could use. It's still up for debate whether or not you were supposed to pay to use them, but the lifeguard didn't say anything to us....
After we got home, we went out for a nice dinner (Italian--my choice, of course!). It was delicious and served quickly, and the waitress was patient with the boys. Then we headed home to finish packing for our early-morning flight. :(
Here we our on our balcony the last night (isn't he hot?)

Goodbye, Florida.
You were so good to us.
you guys are soo cute! What a great photo of you two! I loved D man's face! you can really see the destructive planning going on in that lil mind of his! ROFL! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteIt is a very good photo of an attractive couple. Now I know why we've never been to the beach here!! Glad you also included one of yourself. The trip sounds heavenly. Hopefully we can get summer to stick around here.
ReplyDeletei don't know about ryan, but YOU are one hot beach mama! :) and ryan's pretty cute i guess. haha. so jealous of your vaca! we sure have the heat, but no beaches. :(
ReplyDeleteThat white sand is making me weep a little. What a great trip. You totally look hot, Janelle. Someday I will wear a swim suit again without shame...
ReplyDelete