1. You know there has been too much rain when the frog you almost run over on the road wonders what that big car is doing disturbing his watery home.
2. Stake Conference has that weird effect that is mentioned on many cold remedies: May cause marked drowsiness (ADULTS) or excessive excitability (KIDS).
We survived the actual meeting, but got home, put D-man down for a too-short nap, and tried to drown out Mr. B's antics as R and I collapsed lifeless on the couch/bed, respectively. D-man called "Ma-ma!!!" for like 30 minutes before R rolled off of the couch to get him out of his crib, and joined me on the bed for coma part II, where he groggily complimented me on being with-it enough to lift up my head at some point to tell the boys to be quiet.
3. If you think Spring has arrived in New England, make sure you check the calendar. If it isn't June, it is all a mean trick, and the cold and ick will return all-too-soon, killing the crocuses (croci?) that dared believe the time had come for beauty and warmth.
4. We make in our home now a nightly "Ode to the AIRWALK." Thanks to THESE shoes, we were able to ENJOY the last week of delightfully gorgeous and anomalous weather. Mr. B (for those of you who will appreciate the stunning significance of this accomplishment) wore these shoes ALL DAY for 5 days running. Seriously, ALL DAY. Wake up and put your shoes on ALL DAY. Leave them on when you get back inside instead of ripping them off the second you walk in ALL DAY. We were able to go out at the drop of a hat, multiple times a day, and it was fantabulous. Is it a coincidence that the shoe style is called "Rebel?" I think not.
***Peter, Mr. B is dying to Skype and show them to you.****
5. I just finished all 1365 pages of "The Count of Monte Christo," unabridged. It's different than the movie; much more involved and intertwined. Good book, although his revenge gets a little too perfect. Do all things really just happen for you like that because you have money? Not so sure.
6. R and I just celebrated our 8 year engagement anniversary. Well, celebrated is too strong of a word--he did taxes and I read my book. :) But, I did pull out the same outfit that I wore that night.... I think the sweater will have to move on now; its time is past.
7. D-man has been finally(!!) exploding his vocabulary. He is having some speech therapy through Early Intervention, and seems to enjoy the attention. It was so fun to watch him at his first playgroup the other day.
8. Mr. B is a bonafide reader now. He is doing such a great job (except if there is any noise in the room (aka D-man), in which case he emphatically Shhh-shes with very angry eyes). There is learning going on here, people. A little respect, please?
9. I am going on 3 weeks of no tv. It's been great. (Not that I cut it for the boys, too. A woman's got to have her limits. How else can I get the dishes done?)
10. I was going to try to come up with 10, but I can't, so, the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol great post! I loved it! You're bloggy writing skillz are showin'! :)
ReplyDeleteer, *your ;)
ReplyDeleteLove, love the updates. Some interesting surprises!! Why are you such a spring scrooge? :)
ReplyDeleteThat was an interesting post to read. I love little tidbits.
ReplyDeleteI had to take a second glance, because I was confused when your picture on your sidebar was not you. For a minute I thought I had come to the wrong site.
Oh but don't you remember the horror of last June? 30 days straight of rain?? Good weather is never guaranteed here. Darnit. And yet I still love it. It's like being in an abusive relationship.
ReplyDeleteI read the unabridged version too. LOVED it. Didn't think I would. And yes, I think if you find an infinte fortune you could totally have perfect revenge. :)
I've just gotten caught up on your blog! lots of fun things happening out there in Boston. Your boys are super cute. When's the next one?
ReplyDelete