Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jokes

Our house has been full of "Knock-knock" jokes over the last week or so. Mr. B has always enjoyed telling jokes, and now D-man has joined in on the fun. His favorite (and for a few days, his only) joke goes as follows (in his 2-year-old phonetics):

"Nah, nah"
"Ooo deh?"
"Dada"
"Dada ooo?"
"Dada feu-ball!"
(Imagine peals of hysterical laughter).

I believe his joke was inspired by R being out of town and D-man asking every 5 (!!!!!) seconds "where's Dada? Also, as we are greatly encouraging D-man to talk more, any time we ask him to say a word that he doesn't know, or doesn't want to say, he instead goes with his default and favorite word: "Feuball" (football).

Mr. B's new favorite is:

"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"Knock, knock."
"Knock knock who?"
"Knock knock who's there!"
Insert hysterical laughter here, and imagine Mr. B trying to get D-man to follow along with that one without getting confused.

Both boys have now branched out in their knock-knock jokes (which usually happen at meal-time), including 'football-dada' & 'plate-cup' & 'fork-spoon' & 'soccerball-football' & 'football-mama' & on & on & on (& on & on & on!)!

8 comments:

  1. LOL! I love knock knock jokes! I could totally imagine the peals of laughter :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy is finally starting to speak. Knock-knock. Who's there? Yeah Daniel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be the age. I've been hearing the exact same kinds of jokes! Usually while we're driving, so the punchline is "blue car!" or "tree-bush!"

    I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are doing the same thing too! It is hysterical to hear what they come up with each time. It is an endless game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can somehow picture this really well Ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Augh! After teaching school knock knock jokes started to drive me NUTSO! But, I have to say, a toddler telling one? That's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grandpa Holt loves the Knock Knock jokes. Here's one:
    Knock Knock!
    Who’s there?
    Police!
    Police who?
    Police tell me more knock knock jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yesterday, j and m were telling knock-knock jokes. j's made more sense than m's (he being older), so i can totally relate to what you're saying.
    here's one from grandma E to the boys
    knock knock
    who's there
    lemmie
    lemmie who
    lemmie kiss you!!!

    ReplyDelete