Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner with our friends, Swedish style. Such good food all around, and great company to go with.

Highlights:

For me, the music. We played chimes (even though I forgot my song posters, we managed to write out one song), had some piano-flute-sing-along, and R and I played the duet we've been working on. Without music, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas to me.

For the boys, finding the almond in their rice pudding and winning a prize. You can't go wrong with hotwheels! Thanks, D!

The Boston Pops accompanied our drive home with their radio Christmas program--so, so great. Some day I will see their Christmas live (I know, I'm spoiled, I already got to see them live once!).

Then, we had our traditional homemade plum pudding and eggnog,
(I think it was a definite hit with D-man, don't you? He got every last drop in that cup!)

set out cookies for Santa and carrots for reindeer,
(Mr B wrote it all by himself and was so proud. He even stuck an extra "Santa" in where it didn't belong, just because he liked writing it.)

opened new PJ's ,
(note to self, don't be in front next year)

and got the boys to bed.
Whew!

I do have to say, R and I followed them to the land of the sugar-plum fairies much sooner than we did last year. Hurray for planning ahead.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment: