Monday, December 14, 2009

The Perfect Gift

I don't enjoy shopping much. Too stressful. Just getting to a store is work enough. But the looking, it just drives me crazy. You find something decent, then they don't have it in your size, or the right color, or it's not on sale. Then you start evaluating what it is really worth. Is it a good enough deal to get the other color? On and on, I go crazy.

Well, today, I had the perfect shopping experience. I tell you, it was amazing.

Walked into TJMAXX with an idea in mind for my nephew. Walked casually (trying to guide D-man to the right area since he hates being in the cart) toward the place I thought I should look, realized I didn't know a size, called my sister-in-law to check, and while I was asking her,

found exactly what I wanted,

in the exact size

and color

and style,

for the right price.

It wasn't where it should have been, but it was right where I was. And they didn't have ANY OTHER ONES that were perfect. NONE. I looked, just for fun, since I had allotted an hour for said shopping trip, and it had only been 2 mintues. Lots of wrong sizes, colors, and styles.

I feel so blessed.

Would that all gifts were such an experience.

3 comments:

  1. Baa! What on earth did you do afterward?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. I completely agree with you about shopping. It was so refreshing to read your experience...hopefully not a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience! :)

    ReplyDelete