So, a few weeks ago when R was out of town, I was sitting at the computer (surprise, surprise) after the boys were in bed and was startled (putting it mildly) by a crash outside our back door. I opened the curtain and found a raccoon staring me down as he took the lid off of our garbage can. I eventually scared him away (poor guy, it was empty anyway).
Then last Saturday after the BYU-Oklahoma game (awesome!!), we were watching some other game (isn't football season great?), and heard another crash. This time, there were 4 raccoons on our back porch, and again, the leader stared us down as he took the lid off the can. Again, I'm sure he was disappointed--only diapers in there.
The saga continues as I was upstairs about to get ready for bed on Tuesday night. Repeat crash, repeat opening curtain, repeat surprise. This time, he brought his extended family--we think there were 6 or 7! I was up above on our balcony looking down at the crew, R was downstairs trying to scare them away with a stick. One was even under the porch (in case an ambush was needed?).
We're a little worried about next time--they keep multiplying!
I guess I should brush up on my reading of "Where the Red Fern Grows."
But if I catch one, then what do I do?
You stun it with a laser gun of course! :P
ReplyDeleteUm those are scary. Ask Cheryl about the one in her yard. I considered running back inside!
ReplyDelete