Monday, August 17, 2009

Bear Laked Eastleys

Cool theme, huh? I thought it was fun.

So, we spent 4 days in a (please insert Boston accent here) "lahge" lodge. Yep, 35 people in one structure for 4 days. It was awesome. I highly recommend the Laketown Lodge to anyone who needs a place for a reunion (and doesn't mind a little curve in the road through the canyon). Beds galore, with "individual" suites (depending on your family configuration) and tons o' bathrooms. 3 floors, with sleeping on top, eating in the middle, and playing downstairs. We had tournaments of pool, ping pong, fooseball, air hockey, etc. Plus an awesome theater room.

It was great to see family, and be around them enough to get past the "how's life?" stage to hanging out. The cousins all seemed to get along well, and we left still liking each other (at least, I think so--anyone mad at me?).

Bear Lake was a little cool for me, but we still had fun. Some of the braver people swam, some boated, some splashed, and some (me) watched from the shore. Having just come from St. George, I admit I was spoiled.

Here are some pictures:




Yup, that's a mess of people.












We had awesome shirts, thanks to the t-shirt committee.









I think I'll try to make a slide show--but don't hold your breath--with more pictures.

Some favorite memories: dance party, Opening games, Baseball under the lights, campfire with smores, firesides, RedVines, hitting the ceiling with the pool cues, parents carrying baby monitors, Nertz, pinatas, bike/buggy rides, and lots and lots of great food.

Can't wait til 2012!

3 comments:

  1. I must steal the line that beings something like "we all left liking each other..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a ton of people. Your parents must be proud.

    ReplyDelete