Looking for a new apartment stinks. Especially when you live in the East but have tastes created by growing up in the West.
When a realtor tells you something has "character," they really mean that it is a little weird (everything here that is in our price range doesn't look like they had a blueprint before they started tearing down walls).
Cozy means tiny;
Great commuter location means busy street;
Newly renovated usually means that they put a new coat of cheap paint over the lead-based one that has been there since the 1800s;
And nice yard means you can take more than one step to get across it, and there is one patch of grass (aka weeds) among the dirt and rocks. Don't get me wrong, my boys love dirt and rocks, but really....
Do you ever walk into a place and say, "yes, this is it?" Or is it always huge compromises you have to make when you get so sick of looking that you convince yourself that you have found "the one" just so you can stop the madness.
Our main problem is that R's only requirement (low price) and my list of requirements (grass yard, deleaded, yard, 3 bedrooms, grass, did I mention yard?) don't get along. Sigh....
Meanwhile, Mr. B and I had a great time coloring a picture together in the Friend Magazine during naptime today. Simple joys.
I love my boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds so miserable. I hope you can eventually find something that fits a smidge of your goals.
ReplyDeleteIt's always a compromise. You could always compromise on the yard by finding a fenced playground that's less than a block or two so they have a place to go nuts.We don't have a yard here either. The yard we did have they decided to tear up all the grass. Now we have a dirt yard.
ReplyDeleteI understand. I remember when Erik went to look for a place before we moved there. After a long day of searching he called me and told me that we were not going to come because he couldn't find a place that he wanted his family to live in. He was serious, but I talked some sense into him.:) It really doesn't help when you have grown up out west.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the house hunt. It will all work out. Please stay in the ward! ;) Thanks for your comments in class on Sunday. I loved them and they added so much to the lesson. You are awesome.
ReplyDelete