Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderfully busy weekend.

On Friday we had some friends over to dye eggs with us. We found a too-perfect ball-themed kit that the boys (and the dads) loved. We decided to forgo shirts for the kids rather than put old clothes on this year.




Waiting patiently for friends to come.









Check out the soccer ball!







Thankfully, the Easter Bunny comes to our house on Saturday, so we enjoyed the morning together without having to rush off to 9 am church. He brought a new outfit for the boys, and even managed to find matching hats big enough to fit their large heads. :) He also brought Mr. B some "NEW LEGOS!!!" (picture him yelling at the top of his lungs) and D-man a train extension set.






This gets a little boring in the middle, but you have to get to the end to hear D-man gasping for air when he gets the egg open and sees the candy inside.

I was previewing the video before uploading, and Mr. B asked if I was watching the "pretend" Easter. We talked last night about how the real Easter is about the Savior, so I guess he understood!!

Our ward had a Primary Activity Easter Egg Hunt at the church later in the morning, so we picked up some friends and headed to that. Unfortunately, although Friday and Sunday were both sunny, Saturday was rainy and cold, so they hid the eggs inside the church. Everyone was supposed to bring 12 filled eggs, but I think some went over, because I heard there were over 1,000 eggs, so each kid got to find 15. R took D-man first with the little kids, then Mr. B and I followed. It was fun to see all the kids so excited and hunting around. Mr. B did quite well for himself and I was proud of him for not getting too overwhelmed. I didn't get pictures until we were having juice and muffins in the gym afterward.
During D-man's nap, R and I went to look at a few apartments, and were more encouraged this time than the previous. Still no decision though. We'd like to take the yard and main-level feature from one and put it with the location and setup of the other. Classic. We had an early dinner and put the boys to bed before 7 because we were all exhausted.

R didn't have meetings on Sunday morning, which was wonderful. We had a nice day at church, and I even got to fill in for the choir director who had to go out of town at the last minute. It was quite fun! We had a thought-provoking lesson in Relief Society, that I really enjoyed. We had some friends over later for "holiday ham," potatoes, rolls, jello, salad, and chocolate cake. A perfect Easter meal, and good company.

I went to bed exhausted last night, but it was a good weekend overall. We hope you all had a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about how nice it is not to have your husband in meetings on Sunday. I let mine sleep in and he loved it.

    I like your decorating kit. I may have to try drawing a soccer ball next year. We just use sharpy markers. They work really well and if you get the fine point, you can do small details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you need to ever get rid of those darling outfits once they are outgrown you know where to send them. So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete