Monday, March 23, 2009

Food for thought....

Some weird thoughts I've been having today:

R and I realized we're almost 10 years older than the new missionaries in our ward. I guess I shouldn't have felt funny sitting next to one in Sunday School--he probably thinks I'm as old as his mom!

Mr. B and D-man won't play well together until I try to separate them, and tell them to leave each other alone.

I wonder when strangers will stop thinking I'm an inactive Young Woman in the stake and realize that I have 2 kids!

They actually power-sweep the lawns here in the spring to uncover the grass from the sand they use when it snows.

In October, 60 degrees is cause for digging out the sweater box and hot chocolate. In March, we have a picnic in short sleeves!

We could buy a 3-bedroom home where my sister lives, make double payments each month, and STILL be paying less than our rent is now.

It's a weird day.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks about the rent. I hate paying more than I feel something is worth.

    And I am SURE that missionary did NOT think you are as old as his mom; not if people are still confusing you for a Young Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the bright side, you do have an odyssey--probably worth the payment!

    does linda have 3 bedrooms?

    i get comments occasionally from strangers that think i'm babysitting (my) 3 kids... that's the 'young' gene in us!

    ReplyDelete