Sunday, January 17, 2010

True love...or...Boning a Duck

For those of you who have seen the movie "Julie and Julia," you will understand what I mean when I say that today, I metaphorically boned my own duck.  There is something in my cooking career (as if it is something to call a career) that I have never done.  Something that I vowed I would never do.  And yet, here I am.  Those of you who know me well will be shocked.  Those of you who don't, well, shame on you, you're missing out.  :)  Just know that what I did was all for love of my sweet husband.

So here it is.

Today...


  I


cooked


FISH.


In my house.

Somewhat voluntarily.

And did not pass out from fishy fumes.

And mostly enjoyed eating it.

And plan to do it again next week.


I know, I know, your world is reeling.

7 comments:

  1. Yuck! Your husband must have really earned it. John only gets to eat fish at home when I'm gone and he cooks it himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched that movie on Friday night. It was cute. I have yet to cook a fish in my house, or bone a duck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did WHAT?!?! WHOA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish? Really? You were raised in WA!! Actually, I don't like a lot of seafood either, but I like an Orange Ruffy or Tilapia. Still can't eat Salmon though.
    I am proud that you have conquered a cooking obstacle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. There's no way around it, this is a very hard time for our family. But thank goodness for the gospel and the sealing powers of the temple without which we'd be lost. My mom has such strong and unshakeable faith. It has really been a powerful witness to us all. We have been so blessed already and are just learning to have faith that the Lord will continue to watch over our family. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! So Happy for you. May fish continue to bless your lives.

    ps. we're back!

    ReplyDelete