Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who's Your Daddy?

After the reunion, I stayed in Utah with the boys while R flew back for work. We had decided that since he had to work in California for a week at the end of July, we would stay until he was done with that and all fly home together. (Yes, I am just chicken that I don't have what it takes to be alone with the boys for a whole week, although that has become unavoidable now, but that's more for another post.)

So, we stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for 2 weeks without Daddy. It was nice to have some help (and some adult conversation) to make it through his absence.

We had fun playing more with family from both sides:
2-year-old tricks.
D-man and hi







Playing "Telephone."









At the splash park....








...D-man mooching food from his aunts and cousins.







Mr. B and I took a little adventure down to Provo one day. I showed him the BYU football stadium--he was excited about that. We also saw the MTC, the previous location of DT where I lived (I still can't believe it's just a grassy field as if nothing was ever there!), the Oliver House where I worked, and the Magicc Lab where R worked. We got out to walk around, and he was so enthralled with the skylights into the library, so we went down to see those. We just had to stop and get a Jamba Juice (he forced me, I promise), and picked up a new t-shirt for him at the book store. It was funny, though, he kept asking when we were going to see BYU, and I kept telling him, "Everything you see is BYU." I guess it's a hard concept to understand.

S Hall...and Mr. B with the Y.

We were also lucky enough to be there for Pioneer Day. We had BBQs with the families and even had some fireworks, courtesy of the Holt Uncles (Uncle Collin's were the...best!).


Hmmm....









Pioneer dress-up.







Mr. B taking a break from "Kung Fu" with cousins.








D-man, again, in the middle of the food action, this time with Grandma. This boy is a snacker.








Mr. B was thrilled with the glo-sticks, but D-man was all about the fire.





Our schedules magically overlapped and I was able to get together with my old roomie, E. So much fun to catch up, and so excited for her twins to come! And no, we don't have weird hats on, they're just the wall sconces behind us.




We were also there for the Holt family home evening, and it was fun to be with cousins again (although I don't think Grandma's lesson stuck--keeping ourselves unspotted from the world turned into the kids running around with stickers all over their faces, singing "we have the world disease!"). It was hilarious, and you'll notice D-man up close so as not to miss out on his share of the treats!



Aunt Bop-Bop giving Mr. B a much-needed haircut. He really was happy about it--so nice to feel a little cooler.










Poor D-man kept watching for Dada, but he didn't come.... Every time he fell down or got hurt a little, he'd stick out his lower lip and cry, Daaaa-daaaaa!





It was funny, the day after we got home, Mr. B slipped up a few times, calling Daddy "Grandpa."

Thanks Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, for helping us make it without our Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. first of all, we miss you big time round these parts. you can keep coming to book group if you want ya know... also, don't be scared of flying solo with the kids. it gets into a rhythm, and then, you get irritated when the hubs comes home and you feel guilty because things are clean or dinner isn't done. sometimes, it's actually easier to have no hubby during the week. (that's 4 years of a traveling hubby talking.) good luck! cute pics!

    ReplyDelete