Tuesday, June 2, 2009

D-man's Birthday

We can't believe that he's already 2, but here are a few highlight's of D-man's birthday.

Mr. B picked out a perfect gift: a battery-powered mixer with changeable beaters (see my previous posts to understand his love of all things kitchen.)
Can't get enough of his new books.


I made a somewhat sad-looking VW Bug cake, since he loves his cars. I discovered too late that a loaf pan would have lent itself to the right shape much more easily.
We have been practicing the candle-blowing for some time, and he couldn't even wait until we were done singing to try it out for real. He had to have them lit 3 more times, just for fun.





Happy Birthday D-man. We love your special smoochy kisses, and we just pray that you really start talking SOON!

2 comments:

  1. Slow talkers are hard; communicating with kids is frustrating in the first place. It will happen eventually.
    I remember June didn't talk at all when she turned two. She said 'bear' and that was it; and even that was hard to understand. Now she is six and you can't keep her quiet. I guess I like this more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are still using christmas wrapping paper! haha. once an eastley, always an eastley.

    ReplyDelete