Friday, May 8, 2009

A Place to call Home

Most of you know we have long been on the hunt for a new apartment. I started out with a very long list of "needs," which realtors quickly assured me were ridiculous. However, after many almost-finds, we finally found one that fit all of the things on the list, save one. Unfortunately, we will have to move into a new ward for church. We will be meeting in the same building, though, so hopefully we will see friends during the overlap. It has been a fabulous ward for us, and really feels like family.

I hereby present my list:
Lower rent: check (and supposedly lower utilities--I think they actually insulated)
Lead-free: check (built in the 80s, so no worries!)
Nobody above or below us: check (3 floors plus full basement for storage)
Level, grassy yard: check-plus!! It really is beautiful.
3 bedrooms: check
Assigned parking within view of the front door: check (no more giving directions from the dumpster!)
Close to R's work: check-minus (but close enough)
NOT close to the train: check (most people want to be close to the train, but R can't use it so I don't want to deal with it)

Plus, it also has a trash compactor, pool and exercise room, covered back porch, master bedroom balcony, 2.5 baths, a wood-burning fireplace, carpet (I still don't understand the love of hardwood and love to be barefoot), and more.

We really have been blessed. Now we just have to move in. Sigh....

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy you found a place, but SO sad that you will be moving out of the ward. :(

    We will miss you! I'll have to come visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay though to have so many good checks. Moving sucks no matter what, so at least you are moving up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Janelle! Glad you finally were able to find your new home, miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. when do u have to move? take those seats out of that van and there's your u-haul!
    jealous about the fireplace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear you found a good place! I wish you well with the move. Happy packing. :)

    ReplyDelete