This weekend is General Conference for our Church. We get to listen to our prophet and other leaders speak to us, and I love it. It is broadcast from Salt Lake City, and the sessions start at 10 and 2 each day, with a Priesthood session for the men on Saturday at 6. I have to say that I love the 2-hour difference on the East coast, starting at 12 and 4, leaving more time in the morning to accomplish Saturday things. But I do not like the 8-pm. Granted, R was here to help put the boys to bed, which was great. But in years past, his meeting has been an excuse for me to get together with friends and sisters for what we called girl's-night-in.
I really enjoyed initiating craft night with my mom and sisters a few years ago (I know now they were only humoring me, because it has dwindled and perished since I moved). I know that lots of other women would get together for a fun evening. Here, it's too late for any one with kids (me) to do anything exciting. So we sit at home, wishing we could have planned something, waiting for the men's post-meeting ice-cream fest to end (no traditional hamburgers or Chinese food for R, since everything is closed this late at night).
In the spirit of the evening, I watched "Oklahoma" and painted my toenails for the first time in months. I do have to say they're cute.
Ladies, what did you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
we sat around asking each other, 'so, what should we do for ladies night?', then proceeded to engage in conversation until someone else would ask, 'so what should we do tonight?', etc. etc. :)
ReplyDeletehow sad...we usually do something, but this year it fell through somehow...i suggested watching Twilight!
ReplyDeleteThe 8-10pm Priesthood session always throws me. And every year I wish I would have planned something. Let's plan something for October. Cute blog, and cute pics. Your boys are so cute.
ReplyDeleteUhm I indulged in cafe rio and sat alone in my basement enjoying a great classic Carey Grant movie
ReplyDeleteSnoozed in front of the TV wishing I was in Arizona or Utah where it was earlier or I could at least invite someone without kids over!! They got home late too. LOL.
ReplyDelete